Diecast Ramblings Member Forums
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Scale Model Forum (1:12 1:18 1:24 1:43 etc.)
 Retirement Notice
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter

USA

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  10:01:16 PM  Show Profile
Unfortunately, it's not mine! LOL

This brochure arrived in the mail today. For anyone who has put off buying this one, the time has come to act...

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  10:35:01 PM  Show Profile
That's one that doesn't fall into my collecting era.... Thank Goodness... Otherwise, I'd have to go for it....
Go to Top of Page

Evan

USA

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  07:04:22 AM  Show Profile
Someone on the D4C Board mentioned this, I probably have the brochure in the mail at home.
Go to Top of Page

LouBeau

USA

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  07:49:34 AM  Show Profile
I opted for the yellow Turnpike convertible and I'm very happy with it.
Go to Top of Page

jms601

USA

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  08:34:06 AM  Show Profile
I got this brochure too. And I prefer the Sunglitter Yellow too. It has a more elegant, "big boat" look. I did order the two tone blue Montclair recently, but sent it back because it had a lot of flaws, along with a 56 Lincoln Premier Coupe. Have a feeling these were at the bottom of the barrel and there may be only slim pickings left
Go to Top of Page

59 Imperial

Sweden

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  1:27:23 PM  Show Profile
I have this one, am very happy with it and highly recommend it!
Go to Top of Page

Evan

USA

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  3:56:50 PM  Show Profile
I don't have a 50s Mercury so I think that I'll get this one, I don't like the Turnpike Cruiser because of all of the excess do dads on it. The only thing that I don't like about the model is the top, the Blue stripe around it makes it look cheap.
Go to Top of Page

terry

USA

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  9:04:25 PM  Show Profile
I received this brochure today also. I'll have to think about it for a couple of days but I'm leaning toward passing on it. That color combo just doesn't do it for me, and the top just looks so funky with that blue stripe!
Go to Top of Page

R.D. Pratt

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  11:16:45 PM  Show Profile
I have the model, not crazy about the blue striping on the top. Chose the Montclair convertible over the yellow Turnpike Cruiser convertible which gave me more diversication on the ht/convertible pairing for the `57 Mercury.
Go to Top of Page

Skylark

USA

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  12:45:01 AM  Show Profile
I've looked at this model online and in the catalogues many times and just haven't been able to say I absolutely want this car more than others being advertised. Sad it's being retired nonetheless.

For those who don't have any '57 Mercury in their collection, this two-tone blue is beautiful IMO. I've even gotten to like the convertible uptop stripe better the longer I've seen it offered by DM.

It comes down to having two Turnpike Cruisers in my hands already, I'll probably pass on this Montclair.
Go to Top of Page

Mark S

USA

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  5:38:21 PM  Show Profile
This is one of DM's best, in my opinion. Just beautifully done. I recommend it to those thinking about it..............
Go to Top of Page

abaucom21

Canada

Posted - 08/25/2009 :  7:12:29 PM  Show Profile
I have other DM 1957 Mercury's but not the blue conv. Hope they offer a repaint.
Go to Top of Page

Jay

USA

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  05:50:25 AM  Show Profile
Evan, that top treatment was an option on this car and very rarely seen when these cars were new.. This is a beautiful model.... great colors and extremely well researched. My pal, Gerry Clor of Bethlehem, Pa had a great deal of input on this one as he provided the actual dealer color and upholstery ordering guide to DM to help design this model. Gerry owned 3 '57 Mercurys: Montclair Convertible, a Monterey Convertible and a 2 door Hardtop wagon, The Commuter. He also had a Montclair 4 door hardtop.
This is a great model well worth having. I was able to get a set of Turnpike Cruiser wheelcovers for mine and it really sets off this car.
quote:
Originally posted by Evan

I don't have a 50s Mercury so I think that I'll get this one, I don't like the Turnpike Cruiser because of all of the excess do dads on it. The only thing that I don't like about the model is the top, the Blue stripe around it makes it look cheap.

Go to Top of Page

Evan

USA

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  05:59:25 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Jay

Evan, that top treatment was an option on this car and very rarely seen when these cars were new.. This is a beautiful model.... great colors and extremely well researched. My pal, Gerry Clor of Bethlehem, Pa had a great deal of input on this one as he provided the actual dealer color and upholstery ordering guide to DM to help design this model. Gerry owned 3 '57 Mercurys: Montclair Convertible, a Monterey Convertible and a 2 door Hardtop wagon, The Commuter. He also had a Montclair 4 door hardtop.
This is a great model well worth having. I was able to get a set of Turnpike Cruiser wheelcovers for mine and it really sets off this car.
quote:
Originally posted by Evan

I figured that the top was optional since I don't remember ever having seen one back when the car was new. I went ahead and ordered one.
Go to Top of Page

Gene

USA

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  7:27:51 PM  Show Profile
Yes, this is definetly worth getting. The colors are a lot better in person & simply gorgeous.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Ramblings Member Forums © 2000-10 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000