Diecast Ramblings Member Forums
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Discussion Forums
 Scale Model Forum (1:12 1:18 1:24 1:43 etc.)
 Danbury Mint 53 Buick Estate Wagon LE
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Peter

USA

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  3:21:53 PM  Show Profile
Just received a mailing today for owners of the 49 Oldsmobile 88 Wagon, referring to this Buick as the companion piece. They're both Woodies, of course, but beyond that I don't see them as a real pairing. I already have the beautiful green version which was discontinued, so I will probably pass on this one, but if you missed out then I suggest you get your order in for this one soon. Anyway, here for your enjoyment are my scans of the mailer...

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  3:33:58 PM  Show Profile
Peter, Thanks Much for posting.... I ordered this one some time ago. As far as I know it's been delayed until after the beginning of next year. Unless someone has heard otherwise????
Go to Top of Page

Evan

USA

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  4:22:42 PM  Show Profile
I also received the brochure today, it's the second one that I've received since I got one in the paperwork with the 49 Oldsmobile Wagon. I'm also going to pass on this one since I have the Green one and like the color better than the Blue.
Go to Top of Page

shinerunner88

USA

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  4:33:43 PM  Show Profile
I have the green one and to me that color is the ultimate they could have done that car in. I did order this one, like everything these artists rendering from DM do is give you a general idea of what the car looks like. The real deal blows it away, the cars and colors are awesome. I believe this Buick will look good sitting next to the 54 Caddy.

When we build "em", we break records, not parts.
Go to Top of Page

jms601

USA

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  8:19:05 PM  Show Profile
I have the green and I actually think this one might be nicer. JMO. Partial to Blue. Especially dark blue. We'll see.

On order tracking, seems like they have a series and the Buick and the Olds wagons are in that same grouping
Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  8:26:33 PM  Show Profile
I'll bet that your green will go good with the blue next to it!!!!
Go to Top of Page

jms601

USA

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  10:20:37 PM  Show Profile
Haha. We'll see. May be difficult to choose. Don't have many that are exactly same model/year/style.

Some WCPDs but besides that, the two 41 Caddies, two 55 FM Caddies, just a second Aston Martin Coupe, two 56 Desoto Coupes and Converts but technically, each is a different model I think.
Go to Top of Page

terry

USA

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  10:40:05 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Peter, I also received this brochure with my Olds Wagon and sent in the order form the next day. I missed the green Wagon and didn't want to take any chances on missing this one!
Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  10:41:56 PM  Show Profile
Personally, I'm looking forward to the blue... I think it will look really sharp.... At first, I was watching to find one of the green, but, when they announced the blue, I stopped looking.... I'll wait until I have my hands on the blue. Than, I'll decide if I still want the green....LOL...
Go to Top of Page

R.D. Pratt

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  11:27:45 PM  Show Profile
Have the green model, like this one equally as well, but one will be enough.
Go to Top of Page

chev75

USA

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  3:32:23 PM  Show Profile
Anyone have the item number for the DM Blue '53 Buick Estate Wagon and the Blue DM '65 Ford Thunderbird CV?

Edited by - chev75 on 09/15/2009 6:00:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  6:42:01 PM  Show Profile
Larry, Sorry, I sure don't.... I simply emailed the CS with the description and that's all that she required at the time that she took my order. And, as for the T Bird, that's not one that I collect, so, needless to say, I haven't ordered.... Good luck in your search....

Go to Top of Page

chev75

USA

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  6:56:18 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Ron. I thought maybe Brad would have them. He usually does.
I seem to have faster shipments from DM when I order from their website.
BTW...I have heard the '53 Buick wagon has been pushed back until Jan 2010.
Go to Top of Page

Ron Z.

Canada

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  7:24:19 PM  Show Profile
Larry, Yes, I had heard the same thing a while back.... Okay with me, let's me get caught up with some bills... And, of course, XMAS is coming as well.....
Go to Top of Page

jcox31mc

USA

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  11:45:10 PM  Show Profile
Order number available yet?
Go to Top of Page

jms601

USA

Posted - 09/16/2009 :  08:28:27 AM  Show Profile
I had the 53 Buick Wagon on my order summary online for shipping in October and now it's not there.
Go to Top of Page

Evan

USA

Posted - 09/16/2009 :  12:59:51 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jms601

I had the 53 Buick Wagon on my order summary online for shipping in October and now it's not there.

I wouldn't worry about that, It will probably pop back up in a day or so, I've had that happen a lot of times. I've even had the car in hand before it ever showed up on the order tracking site a couple of times.

I've gotten to the point that I order all of mine online and they Email me when they ship so I don't have to worry with the order tracking site.

Edited by - Evan on 09/16/2009 1:01:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

jms601

USA

Posted - 09/16/2009 :  4:50:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Evan. I had to call them anyway about something else. Usually speak to Chris who was busy and I got Tracey on the line who was terrific. Happen to ask about the Buick. She said the scheduled ship date is now December, but the scheduled date for the Adriatic Green is unchanged--still January, 2010. Some things to look forward to. Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

Mark S

USA

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  08:31:21 AM  Show Profile
Ther is a number of "8640/of" on the option form. Don't know if that means anything or not. I have the green one but love it so much I am considering the blue one too. What to do, what to do.....................
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Diecast Ramblings Member Forums © 2000-10 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000